Our physiotherapy treatment for neurological conditions aims to encourage your child to reach their maximum potential motor skills to improve their ability to reach developmental milestones (e.g. rolling, crawling and walking) and maximise their potential with daily tasks.
Our treatments include a number of techniques and exercises. A home programme of activities for the child to practise at home is given along with advice and support for parents and carers. We give additional advice to teachers to provide the best possible care.
Our aim is to:
- Make movements easier to achieve
- Encourage normal patterns of movement
- Increase muscle strength
- Increase range of movement
- Improve gross and fine motor skills
- Improve posture
- Improve balance and saving reactions
- Reduce and prevent the development of contractures
- Increase and encourage independence
- Improve ability with everyday activities
- Improve confidence and achieve maximum potential